Monopoly Junior is a very fun and engaging game for kids to play. This version of Monopoly has simpler rules than the regular version.
In this post, I will discuss in detail about the Monopoly Junior Rules, playing the game, and all you need to know about the game.
Let’s get started!
Monopoly Junior Game Objective
This iconic Monopoly property trading game objective is to have the most cash when the first player goes bankrupt. It can help kids to learn strategies and improve calculation skills.
Components of Monopoly Junior Game
Monopoly Junior is meant for players aged 5 years and above.
It comes with:
- A Game Board,
- 4 Plastic Iconic Tokens(Little Scottie, Little Hazel, Toy Car, and the Famous Top Hat),
- 20 Chance Cards,
- 48 Sold Signs,
- 90 Bank Notes,
- 4 Character Cards,
- 1 Dice.
Things you Need to Know Before Playing Monopoly Junior
How much money do you start out with in Monopoly Junior?
The amount of Monopoly Money you can start with depends on how players are in the game.
In a two-player game, each gets 20 cash; in a three-player game, each one gets 18 cash; in a four-player game, each gets 16 cash.
How many Players can play Monopoly Junior?
The Monopoly Junior game can be played by 2 to 4 players together.
What are the Tokens available in Monopoly Junior?
Monopoly Junior has four tokens: Car, Boat, Dog, and Cat.
What are the spaces in Monopoly Junior?
- Taco truck
- Pizza House
- Ice Cream parlor
- Swimming pool
- Ferris Wheel
- Roller coaster
- Toy store
- Pet store
- The zoo
- Park Place
How long does the Monopoly Junior game last?
A Monopoly Junior Game lasts for about 30 mins. It is short duration than any regular Monopoly Game.
How to Play Monopoly Junior Game?
Setting up the Monopoly Junior Game
- Lay out the board
- Pick a token and place it on GO.
- Each player will do the same
- Take the matching character card and 12 sold signs and place them before you
- Choose one player to be the banker
- The banker is in charge of the cash
- The banker must keep the cash separate from their own
- In a two-player game, give each player 20 cash.
- In a three-player game, give each player 18 cash.
- In a four-player game, give each player 16 cash.
- Shuffle the Monopoly Jr chance cards and keep them face down on the chance box on the board
Playing the Game (Step By Step)
- The younger player will start the game
- Then the game will move clockwise
- When your turn comes, roll the die and move your token that number of spaces clockwise on the board
- You cannot move counter-clockwise
- Every time your token passes the box GO, collect two cash from the bank.
- If you land on the space marked with a question mark or written “Chance” on it, pick a chance card from the Chance box and read it aloud.
- Do what it says and put the card under the deck
- If you land on an unowned property, you must buy it
- Pay the purchase price to the bank as indicated on the space
- Place one of the sold signs on the property so that other players know who owns it
- If you land on a space owned by another player, you must pay rent to that player as indicated on the space.
- If it is your space, you pay nothing
- If a player owns both properties of the same color, then the rent is double the amount shown by those spaces
- If you land on Go to Jail, you must move your token to jail.
- You do not pass GO and do not collect cash.
- At the start of your next turn, pay one cash or Get of out Jail free card, if you have one
- Roll the die and move as usual.
- Even if you are in jail, you can still collect rent.
- Landing in jail means you are visiting and not actually in jail
- Landing on Free Parking has no consequences
- After following the rules of the space you landed on, your turn ends
- Pass the die clockwise, and the next player goes
Ending the Game
- If you don’t have enough cash to buy a property, then the game ends
- The other players count their cash and the player with the most cash wins
- In case of a tie, the two players count the total worth of their properties and add that to their cash amount to decide a clear winner.
What are the Monopoly Junior Rules?
Monopoly Junior game has several rules which you need to abide by while playing the game.
Here are the Monopoly jr rules:
There is a Jail in one of the corners of Monopoly Junior’s board.
If you land on Go to jail, you must move your token to the Jail box on the board. To get out of Jail, you must pay one cash.
To know More about the Rules of Monopoly Jail, you can check this post here.
Landing on Free Parking
Like other Monopoly Versions, the Monopoly Junior game has a Free Parking space.
If you land on Free Parking, nothing happens. Take a break. However, you can move from there on your next turn.
If you land on the Chance space, pick one Chance card from the Chance box and read it aloud. Then, do what it asks you to do and return the card under the deck.
If you don’t have sufficient cash to pay rent or a chance card fee, you must pay the bank or the owner the remaining with your property based on its price. If you still cannot pay, you are declared bankrupt.
Let’s conclude the post on Monopoly Junior Rules!
I hope you liked reading this post.
You can read about Other Monopoly Versions written by Me.
- Monopoly Rules (Classic Version)
- Monopoly Empire Rules
- Monopoly Junior Rules
- Monopoly Deal Rules
- Monopoly Bid Rules
- Monopoly Electronic Banking Rules
- Monopoly Super Mario Celebrations Edition Rules
To Find More Monopoly Guides, Check this post here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?