Do you have a baby and have a hard time managing diapers? Does it give a stinky smell when you keep it before disposing of it? Diaper pails are a must-have for any home with little ones.
From the moment you bring your baby home from the hospital, it’s important to have a place where they can do their business and you won’t be running back and forth throughout the house or waiting until it’s time to change them.
Let’s get started!
What is a diaper pail?
A diaper pail is a device that holds soiled diapers until they can be disposed of. They are usually made from plastic or metal and come in various shapes, sizes designs with different features like airtight lids to keep odors at bay.
Diaper pails also come in a single-use variety and reusable ones.
Diaper pails are usually made of plastic or metal, so they’re easy to clean.
The most popular type is an open-top diaper pail that seals shut when the lid is closed because this keeps the Odour locked in tight!
Many diaper pails are designed so that you do not need to even touch the bin for closing.
They have an automated closing disposal method.
Based on usage diaper pail can be of two types:
Reusable Diaper Pails are the solution to managing diaper pails without having to dispose of them regularly.
This is like a storage bin built effectively to store
2. Disposable Diaper Pail
It is like a garbage bag where you store your regular baby nappy or baby diapers and throw them right away.
Accessories that are for the diaper Pail are diaper pail liners that can be both disposable and reusable types.
We have published a complete buying guide for the best diaper pail liners.
Let’s dig deeper into why it is really needed.
As you need to change your baby’s nappy often, it seems that after a certain time you would find a lot of diapers lying in the garbage bin, and the next day you would find odor coming.
Diaper pails are needed because they provide the answer to one of our biggest dilemmas as parents: where do we put soiled diapers?
1. Diaper pails keep odors and smell contained. They are easy to carry, and convenient for storage too.
You don’t have to worry about running around with dirty diapers in your hands looking for a garbage bin or having it leak out of the side. You can play with toys with your kids during that time.
2. Diaper pails are also safe for children because they have a lid on top and so much space inside, which means you don’t need to worry about your baby getting into it or trying to “reach” in.
3. With diaper pails, we can choose how often we want to change them, whether once or twice a day, and it’s not going to smell up the entire place.
4. Diaper pails are also good for people with allergies because they’ll be able to enjoy their home without smelling something every time they walk past or even open their front door!
5. The diaper pail has adjustable locking mechanisms that keep odors locked in tight. They also have a childproof lock.
Some diaper pails come with a built-in bag to store the soiled diapers. Others require that you use your own vacuum cleaner bags or trash can liners, which are usually sold separately.
Let’s look at the video showing a diaper pail. You can see here how to open and store diapers in a diaper pail.
Also, you get an idea about the dimension, how many diapers it can store, and its looks.
Here is the disposal process:
- Either a Foot Pedal opens the lid for you or a top opening lid would be there which you can open.
- Then, simply drop the soiled diaper through the spring-loaded trap door.
- The Self-Closing Lid would shut quietly when you release the lid.
You are done disposing of off your baby’s diaper to the diaper pail!
Now to empty the Diaper Pail you need to follow these steps:
- When ready to empty your Dékor pail, open the easy-access service door and pull out the continuous refill liner just far enough to remove the contents.
- Use the child-safe cutter conveniently mounted on the door to cut the continuous refill liner at the top of the refuse.
- Tie a new knot in the bottom of the continuous refill liner to form a new ‘bag’. Close the service door, and you are done.
Cost of using a diaper pail
Diaper pails can be a costly purchase, but most people find that the cost is worth it.
The average diaper pail will run you anywhere from $20-$50 depending on its size and brand.
Some of these products may also come with some accessories to help make cleaning up your baby’s messes more convenient for both parents and the environment.
Some of the accessories which can come with a diaper pail are scented bags, fragrance discs, odor-control packets, and sealing rings.
The cost to use some other forms of disposable diapers is also high so making the switch from those to cloth ones may be worth it for your wallet!
To know more about if a diaper pail is worth it, you can read our article here.
Diaper Pail Alternatives
What can I use instead of a diaper pail? If you’re not ready to commit to purchasing a diaper pail, there are various alternatives.
One option is using an old garbage can with a lid that has been cut in half and the top removed (just make sure it’s clean).
Another way of doing this would be by placing your trash bag inside plastic shopping bags-one on top, one on the bottom.
You just have to make sure the sealed bags are placed face-down and not inside out, which would allow odors to escape through the plastic (which may lead you right back to a diaper pail).
You can check the comparison of trash can vs diaper pail.
You can also use an old pillowcase with holes cut in it for your trash bag too!
Let’s conclude the post on what is a diaper pail, its types of it, how to use it, and more.
There are different types of diaper pails available. Some are designed for cloth nappies and some for disposables. They all have the important role to keep your house as smelling fresh as possible.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post.